Guppies are one of the most popular tropical fish, sold in their millions each year. But what’s the best water temperature for guppy fish? Why is it important to ensure their water temperature is correct.
Temperature for guppy fish? In a community aquarium you can keep a number of tropical fish in the same aquarium water from different regions. However, most of them, including Guppy, should live in temperatures between 72-82 °F (22-28 °C)
Guppies originate from tropical waters, waters that should be replicated in the home aquarium. Modern aquarium heaters can control the water temperature
I have found 80 °F to be the best temperature for Guppy fish if you like your data very accurate.
Can Guppies Live In Colder Water?
Guppy fish are very tolerant fish and can withstand lower and higher temperatures. However, as with all tropical
If you live in cooler climates then we would recommend using a reliable aquarium heater. The heater should have a built-in thermostat that can keep your guppies water at a constant 80°F.
When Should Guppies Live In Warmer Water?
The only time guppy fish should live in warmer water higher than 82°F is when applying treatments and for therapeutic purposes.
Some fish when sick react better to treatments when the water temperature is raised. We only recommend keeping guppy fish in higher temperature water for a short period of time.
Warmer water contains less oxygen and you
Summary: What’s The Best Temperature For Guppy Fish?
So, we hope we have answered your question. The best temperature to keep guppy fish fit and healthy is 72-82 °F (22-28 °C) with our personal
Most community tropical fish will fair well in these conditions meaning you have a wonderful array of tropical fish to choose from.
- Silver Arowana: Complete, Care, Breeding, Feeding Guide
- Rainbow Shark: Diet | Size | Breeding | Cost
- Tiger Barb Fish: Diet | Breeding | Size | Water Conditions
- Jack Dempsey: Diet | Size | Breeding | Lifespan | Sexing | Care Guide
- How Are GloFish Made? Facts & F.A.Q
- Comparing Aquarium Gravel To Sand – Which Is Best For Your Tank? - November 18, 2020
- Silver Arowana: Complete, Care, Breeding, Feeding Guide - November 16, 2020
- Rainbow Shark: Diet | Size | Breeding | Cost - November 16, 2020