Are you thinking about buying your child a fish tank as a gift? Maybe for A Christmas or a Birthday present?
Then read on! We have reviewed the Best Kids Fish tanks to save you time and money.
In this article, we look at the Best Kids Fish Tanks and take the guesswork out of finding that perfect aquarium for your
Quick Preview of the 10 Best Kids Fish Tanks
- Tetra Cube
- Marineland 5 Gallon
- Aquaeon Glo
- Fluval Flex 57
- Fluval Spec 3
- Fluval EXO XII
- Fluval V Spec
- Flex 34L
- Fluval Edge 3 Gallon
- GloFish 3 Gallon
Looking online for a fish tank that’s easy to set up, delivered to your door and is the right size at the right price can be confusing and can take up a lot of your time.
Well, here’s the good news, we have found some of the Best Kids Fish Tanks that meets all the needs of a beginner or novice fish keeper. With these easy to set up
These aquariums are almost plug in and forget style fish tanks and make perfect gifts. Simply lift out of the box, add water, switch on and wait a few days for the water to cycle then go shopping for fish. It really is as simple as that.
So let’s dive into the Best Fish Tanks that you can buy a kid as a gift. But First, let’s answer some common FAQ’s
Will a fish tank delivered online arrive safely? Like most things in life, mishaps can happen but you’re backed by all of Amazon’s terms and conditions and guarantees. I have had two Kids fish tanks delivered and both arrived safely.
- Is it cheaper to buy online rather than my local pet store? We love to support our local pet stores and aquatic shops but unfortunately, they simply cannot match the prices of online stores. This is the world we live in today and overheads have killed our retail stores.
- Do they come with instructions? Most of the models we have found below come with basic instructions. They are very simple to set up and install and all contain filters and lighting some even come with heaters for Tropical fish. You simply add gravel or substrate, water, and life to cycle and become safe. This is all explained in our Starter Guide To Setting Up A New Fish Tank.
- Do I need a stand? Yes, you will need a suitable place to install your new aquarium. Remember, when filled with water and gravel they weigh on average 70Lbs. So you will need a strong, level surface. You will also need to sit the fish tank on a sheet of polystyrene to stop any vibrations cracking the glass.
- Is a fish tank for a kid a good present or gift? Yes, absolutely. They teach children how to care for animals and learn how to be responsible for living creatures. They can also help them sleep better at night. The gentle bubbles and low lighting help them relax.
- What if we go on vacation? Who will feed them? You can buy an automatic fish feeder for less than $30 this will feed your fish at the selected times and day without the need for anyone to pop in and take care of them whilst you’re away. These are very simple to set up and very reliable. Read our full review of these automatic fish feeders here.
- Are there any health benefits of keeping fish? It has been scientifically proven that fish keeping reduces stress and can help you sleep better if the aquarium is in a child’s bedroom. Read the 7 Health Benefits of keeping an aquarium.
If fish are not the pets your kids want, then check out this article 9 Best pets for kids
Top 10 Kids Fish T
Tetra LED Cube Shaped 3 Gallon Aquarium with Pedestal Base
3 used from $24.71
- Equipped with a Tetra 3i filter to keep your tank clean and provide a perfect environment for small tropical fish.
- The tank features an LED light to show off your fish
- Lid features a convenient feeding hole. Material : Glass and acrylic
- Perfect for small tropical fish, goldfish or betta.
- 10" D x 10"W x 10.512"H
Marineland ML90609 Portrait Aquarium Kit, 5-Gallon w/ Hidden Filter
3 used from $52.96
- SLEEK DESIGN: Rounded corners and clear glass canopy allow viewing from multiple angles.
- DAYLIGHT/MOONLIGHT LIGHTING: Bright white LEDs create a shimmering sunlight effect; blue LEDs produce a moonlit glow.
- EASY ACCESS: Hinged LED lighting and sliding glass canopy.
- SIZE: 5-gallon aquarium fits Marineland Rite-Size Z Filter Cartridges.
- HIDDEN FILTRATION: Advanced, 3-stage filtration is out of sight, enhancing aquarium viewing.
Aqueon Fish NeoGlow LED Aquarium Starter Kits
- 5.5 Gallon Glass Aquarium with pink fluorescent silicone
- Features a low profile hood with blue LED lighting
- Equipped with an Aqueon mini bow filter and small cartridge
- Black background highlights fish while hiding power cords
- Includes: multi-colored gravel, two artificial plants, fish food and water conditioner
Fluval Flex 57 - 15 Gallon Nano Glass Aquarium Kit
2 used from $113.32
- The Fluval 15 gallon flex freshwater kit is one of very few freshwater aquarium Kits to incorporate brilliant illumination and multistage filtration with convenient Aquarium features and contemporary design. Your aquatic atmosphere will stand out with 48 white and 6 RGB fully adjustable 2450 lux LEDs shimmering over your fish and plants, while the 7500K LED lamp promotes Plant growth. Choose from this endless selection of color blends and the special effects options, all controlled from your included flexpad remote control. This is a fully fledged glass tank, and there is an infrared remote sensor that is neatly integrated and accessible on the canopy.To achieve superior water quality, powerful 3-stage filtration is included with oversized mechanical (foam), chemical (carbon), and biological (BioMax) media. The multi-directional 132 GPH dual outputs allow customized water flow, All hidden nicely in the rear compartment.This Aquarium features a unique curved front, creating the illusion of a larger aquatic environment and modern look to suit any room in your home or office. The water line of the rear compartment remains hidden with the stylish Honeycomb wrap. This assures your entire Aquarium looks sleek and clean. To finish this brilliant design, Enjoy the freedom of feeding your fish through the feed top cover opening.
- Item Package Height: 30.0
- Item Package Length: 35.0
- Item Package Width: 40.0
Fluval Spec III Aquarium Kit, 2.6-Gallon, Black
3 used from $63.36
- 2.6 gallon Nano aquarium and powerful 3-stage oversized mechanical, chemical and biological filtration.
- Etched-glass tank with aluminum trim
- Powerful 31 LED lighting system
- Includes foam block, activated carbon and BioMax bio rings
- Size: 11.8 x 10.8 x 8.7 inch
Fluval 10531A1 SEA EVO XII Aquarium Kit, 13.5 gal
$159.99 in stock
1 used from $153.72
- Stylish honeycomb design conceals back filtration area while looking ultra modern. During water changes the aquarium is usually filled to a higher level. This reduces surface agitation from the filter output nozzle, which has not yet been adjusted to provide surface movement and oxygen levels your fish have become accustomed to
- Powerful 3 stage filtration with oversized mechanical, chemical and biological media
- Multi functional canopy with easy feed door
- Sleek, all aluminum waterproof casing; Convenient touch start day & night illumination
- 13.5 gallon tank; 56 x 29 x 38 centimeter (22 x 11.5 x 15 inch) ; Wattage : 16 W ; Lumens : 1383 lm
Fluval Spec V Aquarium Kit, 5-Gallon, White
$99.99 in stock
- 5 gallon Nano aquarium
- Etched-glass tank with aluminum trim
- Powerful 37 LED Lighting System
- Includes foam block, activated carbon and BioMax bio rings
- Size: 17.2 x 10.6 x 6.3 Inch
Fluval FLEX 34L 9 Gallon Nano Glass Aquarium Kit (White)
1 used from $85.02
- The Fluval 9 gallon flex freshwater kit is one of very few freshwater aquarium Kits to incorporate brilliant illumination and multistage filtration with convenient Aquarium features and contemporary design. Your aquatic atmosphere will stand out with 36 White and 3 RGB fully adjustable 1900 lux LEDs shimmering over your fish and plants, while the 7500K LED lamp promotes Plant growth. Choose from this endless selection of color blends and the special effects options, all controlled from your included flexpad remote control. This is a full fledged glass aquarium kit, and there is an infrared remote sensor that is neatly integrated and accessible on the canopy.To achieve superior water quality, powerful 3-stage filtration is included with oversized mechanical (foam), chemical (carbon), and biological (BioMax) media. The multi-directional 61 GPH dual outputs allow customized water flow, All hidden nicely in the rear compartment.This Aquarium features a unique curved front, creating the illusion of a larger aquatic environment and modern look to suit any room in your home or office. The water line of the rear compartment remains hidden with the stylish Honeycomb wrap. This assures your entire Aquarium looks sleek and clean. To finish this brilliant design, Enjoy the freedom of feeding your fish through the feed top cover opening.
- Item Package Height: 16.6
- Item Package Length: 16.7
- Item Package Width: 16.5
Fluval Edge 6-Gallon Aquarium with 21-LED Light, Black
- 6 sided, 6 gallon sealed glass aquarium
- Powerful, easy to use Edge filter with Cycleguard.Unique cube shaped aquarium provides amazing visual experience
- Includes Nutrafin Cycle and Nutrafin Aquaplus water treatments
- LED Lighting, Filtration & Wiring is easily hidden away in the decorative column
- Powerful bright white 7600K high liuminosity LED's with 3 deep blue night time light LED's and 3 position switch
GloFish 3 Gallon Aquarium Kit w/ Cover, Frame, LEDs, Power & Filter
$26.87 in stock
1 used from $24.72
- INCLUDES ALL THE ESSENTIALS This 3-gallon kit includes a seamless crescent-shaped tank energy-efficient blue LED lighting and a motor-driven Tetra Whisper MicroFilter
- BLUE LED LIGHTS Hidden blue LED lights are incorporated into the hood giving your GloFish fluorescent fish an exciting and uniquely fluorescent look
- INTERNAL FILTRATION The filter pulls water from the aquarium and pushes it through the filter cartridge where the dense dual-sided mesh catches debris and waste
- INCLUDES HOOD Sleek black hood reduces evaporation and keeps fish from jumping
- EXPERIENCE THE GLO GloFish fluorescent fish and products create a complete underwater fluorescent experience
Introducing your child into fish keeping is a great way to spend quality time with your children as a family. We often go to the pet store as a family and choose new fish for our aquariums at the weekend.
They learn so much from keeping fish that I believe they are one of the best pets for smaller kids.
No matter which fish tank you choose from the list above I’m sure you’ll enjoy setting the tank up together and you’ll enjoy the quality time you’ll spend watching and feeding your new pets.
- Copperband Butterflyfish Reef Safe? Let’s find out! - March 22, 2020
- Copperband Butterflyfish Diet | What do Copperbands eat? - March 22, 2020
- Copperband Butterflyfish: Size | Lifespan | Breeding | Diet - March 22, 2020